Due to a change to Twitter policies, anyone wishing to use the feature within a Lumi app
must create a Twitter API key before the functionality can be integrated. Following this simple 6
step process will ensure that your app will be able to read from, and write to, Twitter from within
the Activity Feed, Twitter and Community components
All applicants must:
Have an active Twitter account, free of any suspensions or bans by Twitter.
Agree to the contents of the Twitter Developer Agreement
Create a Twitter Key
- Navigate to https://apps.twitter.com/ and log into the official Twitter account for your
organization, your own or your clients
- Hover over the name of your organisation and click Apps. Click the Create an App button and complete all the fields within the Application Details area. Below are some required fields
Field Text to enter App Name The name of your app as it appears on devices. Description Your official company name Website Full URL, including http:// protocol, for your company’s website Callback URL #1 https://mobile.twitter.com Callback URL #2 twitterkit-ConsumerKey (API Key)://
Note: Please replace Consumer Key (API Key) with the actual Consumer Key generated by Twitter
- Please make sure to UN-CHECK the box “Allow this application to be used to Sign in with Twitter - Enable Sign in with Twitter”.
Note: If this button is left checked, Twitter integration with the app will not work.
- Click Create once you have completed filling in the form and be sure to click Create once more to accept the terms and conditions.
- Click the Keys and Tokens tab. Copy and send the Consumer Key (API Key) and the Consumer Secret (API Secret) to either your Account Manager or your Lumi Support team
representative who will then prepare your app for submission to the stores.