To allow attendees to populate their profiles using their LinkedIn information, event administrators must follow the 7-step process below to ensure app integration.
All organizations must:
- Have an active LinkedIn account, free of any suspensions or bans by LinkedIn.
Setup the LinkedIn API
- Navigate to https://developer.linkedin.com/.
- Click on the My Apps button and then log in using the official LinkedIn account for your organization.
- Click Create Application. Note: Enter your existing company name or create a new one. Enter the following required information:
- Application name
- Application description
- Upload an application logo
- Application use (set as Event)
- Company website
- Business email
- Phone number
- Within the Application Settings menu, click Mobile and copy the Application ID.
- Send the ID to your Lumi Account Manager who will then return an iOS Bundle ID and Android Package name + Package hash to you.
- Within the Mobile area of the menu, enter the iOS Bundle ID and the Android Package Name and Package Hash and Click Add for each. Click Update to save. Note: Depending upon your specific release requirements, additional configuration may be required.